And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.
Revelation 21:4

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Today

Today, one year ago, was the last time I saw my mother alive.  There really is nothing to add to this statement.  Just that it hurts today as much as it did that day.  That day I knew, really knew, that I would never see her alive again.  I sat down next to her on the couch and hugged her frail body.  I hugged as tightly as I could without hurting her.  Before she let go of me, Mom said, with emphasis, "I love you *SO* much."  Mom knew, too, that she would never see me or my daughter again.

I drove away that day with such a pain in my heart.  How I loved, love, her.  How I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment