And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.
Revelation 21:4

Monday, July 22, 2013

Two Years

**I just realized that I never posted this.  In three short months, it will be three years since my mother died.  I will just say "ditto" to what I have typed below.  The pain is still there.  I am just better at living with it and hiding it from others.  I feel so alone in my sorrow.  Yet, I know that the Creator of this universe, the One who created me, is with me.  Still, even today.  Soli deo Gloria.


It has been two years since my mother died.  If I stop and think about that, it blows my mind.  Life has, in fact, gone on.  The sun has risen and set 730 times since the moment my mother took her last breath on this earth.  I am two years older.  Other than that, nothing else has changed.  That doesn't seem right.  It doesn't seem fair.  The absence on this planet of the woman who gave birth to me and raised me to adulthood should have more of an impact on this world.  

My mother's departure from this world has left a large hole in my heart.  I am not so sure that I will ever find anything to fill the void she left.  I am thankful to God for His loving care of me over these last two years.  He is the one who has helped me not feel so alone.  He has wiped my tears away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment